So, if you want to eat a delish THC or CBD-rich meal, check out the recipes below!
But before we dig into the prep and ingredients, we’ll teach you how to make cannamilk or butter, which is required for most cannabis dishes!
How to make cannamilk or butter for 420 edibles
Read the steps below to know what to do when these pop up on the ingredient lists!
The first step is to decarb your weed:
How to decarboxylate weed
Break the cannabis into small pieces and put them onto a cookie sheet. Put in an oven for around 30 minutes until golden brown.
Then, take the cookie sheet out and let it cool down (this process is known as decarboxylation of the weed).
- Heat milk and add the decarboxylated cannabis. Keep at 180°F and stir frequently for 30 – 45 minutes
- Pour through a strainer and press on the cannabis to remove all the liquid
- Let the cannamilk cool down before using it in the recipe
- Boil a quart of water on a stove
- Once boiling, add butter and let it melt completely
- Add the decarboxylated cannabis and reduce heat to a simmer
- Let the butter cook at low heat for around 3 hours, or when the mixture begins to thicken at the top. Don’t let the cannabis touch the bottom of the pan
- Put the mix in a bowl lined with cheesecloth. Squeeze out the liquid.
- Let the butter cool for an hour and then put it in the fridge
- When the butter takes the form of a spread it’s ready for use!
5 Easy edibles
Now that you know how to make cannamilk or butter, it’s time to get to the actual cooking!
#1 Cannabis Pancakes
Wake and bake with these fluffy weed pancakes! Check out the full recipe below:
- Cannamilk, 1 and a ⅓ cup
- Butter (or cannabutter, if preferred), 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract, ¼ tablespoon
- Egg (just one)
- Salt, ½ tablespoon
- Baking powder, 2 and ½ tablespoons
- Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Flour, 1 and a ⅓ cup
- Get a bowl and mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center
- In another bowl, beat an egg and then mix in cannamilk, butter, and vanilla. Add these ingredients to the well in the other bowl
- Mix until the batter is slightly lumpy — overmixing makes the pancakes too chewy
- Use a ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake. Pour the batter onto a greased, non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Check for bubbles and when the pancakes start to brown, flip. Keep an eye on the other side and remove the pancake when it’s ready
- Done! Now cook one pancake at a time with ⅓ cup of batter
#2 Cannabis Grilled Cheese Sandwich
An easy recipe to get high for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Who doesn’t like grilled sandwiches?
- Bread, 2 slices
- Cheese, 1 slice
- Cannabis butter, 2 tablespoons
- Regular butter, 2 tablespoons
- Spread the regular butter on a single side of each bread
- Spread the cannabis butter on the remaining side (without regular butter) of each bread
- Put the cheese on the cannabis side of the bread. Close the sandwich with the weed butter sides facing inward
- Grill the sandwich on medium heat till each side is golden brown and the cheese has melted (3 minutes each side)
- Done! Have fun with your sandwich!
#3 Cannabis Coffee
How about starting the day with a THC cuppa?
- Pulverized hash, 1 pinch
- Brewed coffee
- Cinnamon, nutmeg or honey (to taste)
- Sugar (to taste)
- Creamer (optional)
- Brew the coffee
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg or honey
- Put the coffee on a low flame until it starts to bubble
- Remove from heat and add sugar and creamer to taste
- Done! Enjoy your cannabis-infused beverage!
#4 Cannabis garlic bread
Garlic bread is delicious as a snack and BBQs. So why not spice things up with cannabis?
- French or Italian bread, one loaf
- Cannabutter, 2 cups
- Garlic, 2 large cloves
- Parsley, 1 tablespoon
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Cut the bread in half (horizontally). Mix the cannabutter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl.
- Spread the cannabutter mix on the bread
- Place on a baking tray and heat in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the parmesan cheese
- Return to oven for 2 – 3 minutes until the edge of the bread gets toasted and the cheese bubbles
- Remove from oven and let it cool down
- Cut into slices and eat up!
#5 Cannabis Mac and Cheese
A delicious lunch to fill you up — and get high!
- A box of ready-to-cook mac and cheese (such as Kraft)
- Water, 6 cups
- Cannabutter, 2 teaspoons
- Regular butter, 3 teaspoons
- Milk, 3 tablespoons
- Boil the water and add the mac and cheese box. Cook for 7 minutes and stir occasionally
- Drain the water
- Put the pasta in a pan and add cannabutter, regular butter, cheese sauce, and milk
- Stir well
- Enjoy your meal!
Learn more about cannabis
Did you know the strain you choose impacts the effects of your edibles? Indica, Sativa or hybrid strains will make you feel either euphoric or calm.
And you need to study the strains to make sure your cannabis cooking meets your expectations!
Also, cooking requires prime ingredients. Visit an Embarc california dispensary or order online your next batch:
Buy the perfect cannabis for your edibles today!